Thursday, December 2, 2010

Introductions

Introductions:
First things first, I believe an introduction is in order! The authors of this blog are myself, Jessie Anderson, and fellow future teacher Michelle Jenkins. We are both students at the University of Alaska Southeast in Juneau. This blog is a project for our English class and the purpose of it is to introduce or show the various ways that technology can be used in our field or has even improved the way teaching happens in a classroom.

To start off with I will tell you a little bit about myself. Again, my name is Jessie and I am student at UAS. This is my first year in Alaska but I'm in my Junior year of school. The light at the end of the tunnel is finally in sight and even getting a little brighter. I grew up in a small town and have always loved learning and always knew I wanted to be a teacher. I had many great examples of wonderful teachers throughout my elementary and high school years which only increased my desire to become a teacher and influence others as my teachers influenced me. I have been married for a little over a year and a half and am expecting our first baby in May and can't wait to be a mom.

Throughout my posts I will be focusing on how music and technology can be incorporated into the classroom along with some of the other arts (drama, dance, art, etc.). I believe that rather than the students being exposed to these areas only when they attend their once, maybe twice, a week music or art class, finding ways for them to experience it when they're learning math or science. This is crucial because it allows the children a different way to express themselves and oftentimes will help them to remember the things they learned better. I will be doing some research on this and presenting it here on the blog. Any comments or questions are more than welcome. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your guys' research.

    ReplyDelete